Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Numero Uno

So...this is my first attempt at a blog. I have a few friends who have these to keep people updated on their lives....or should I say mainly their kids lives. So, I thought I'd give it a whirl.



Life in the last month and a half has been crazy, and that's putting it midly! Kyle and I have both gotten not only new jobs, but new careers, we've moved out of our apartment in Hixson to a house in Ooltewah, and, oh yeah, we are about to have our first child! Like I said, it's been crazy!



I finished my third year of teaching Kindergarten back at the end of May and made the tough decision not to return this Fall, considering my due date is the day before school starts. So I have been working this summer part-time at a local Tax & Bookkeeping Office. It is owned by members of the church, so it is a small, but comfortable environment. I have no idea what I am doing most of the time, but at least I am doing it correctly! (It is definitely NOT like teaching a room full of 5 year olds all day!) I am also, for now, working part-time every other weekend at a Christitan assisted living center as a receptionist.



Kyle started the Chattanooga City Police Academy back in February this year. He graduated on June 26 with the Highest Academic Award and the Most Improved PT award. He worked very hard for both over the past several months. He is now an "Official Po-PO" but will remain with an FTO (Field Training Officer, or in other words, another dude in the car) until the end of October. During this time he will continue to gain skills policing the streets of Chattanooga, but alongside an experienced cop. He is currently working 3rd shift in the ghetto, but he loves it! He has already been on the news twice!



As for the baby, we are expecting a little boy, Zachary Taylor, around August 11th. After several months of throwing up EVERYTHING, we are both doing pretty good now and Mommy is just getting very anxious to meet him!



That is our life in a nutshell...for now. I will do my best to keep things up and running on here!

No comments: