Monday, April 20, 2009

100 Days...

I was just looking at a calendar (while I was bored, pumping at work) and thinking about Zachary's birthday. I realized that in 100 days we will be celebrating his first birthday--how is that possible?! I know it seems like a long time still, but when 265 (or is it 266? I think leap year was last year....anyway) have already passed, it's not much!





This means I only have 100 days left to call my baby a "baby." After that, I'll have a toddler, a "big boy." This makes me sad.





This means in 100 days, I can "technically" stop nursing Zachary and give him cow's milk. While parts of this makes me happy (no more pumping-yay! no more nursing bras-double yay! [sorry, guys] it also makes me sad, because Zachary will no longer rely on me physically like he does now. Sure, he still will for other needs, but right now it's nice to know that only I can provide him with that and he is dependant on me constantly. I know I could keep nursing him for as long as I want, but it's not something I planned on doing past 1. Plus, who knows how long it will take to wean him....





In 100 days, I will probably have a walking child. YIKES. Those days of letting him sit in the bouncy for hours, just sleeping and playing, while they might have been very sleepless on my part, sure were blissful just watching him be so still and content.




Where, oh, where has the time gone?

Zachary (2 days old)

No comments: