Monday, April 20, 2009

Things That Make Ya Go Mmmmm

So, I've had a rough last few days and am trying to stay positive by thinking of some things that make me happy, so here it goes!

1. Zachary's belly laugh-There is no sweeter sound than that. Well, that is until he says, "Mama," and then, "I love you," and then when he begins to pray....you get the picture!

2. Beautiful spring and fall days-I love just riding in the car on these days, listening to old music, and thinking about absolutely NOTHING.

3. My kitty cats, Cinnamon and Sugar-Even though they drive me CRAZY sometimes, I love it when we can get some quiet moments and just snuggle up and take a nap together. Or watching them be absolutely weird and crazy makes me pretty happy, too.

4. Friday night dates to Barnes & Noble-Kyle and I used to do this almost weekly when we lived in Texas and pre-Zachary. Now we don't get to because he works every Friday. But I sure do enjoy sitting in that big 'ol store and getting lost in a good book!

5. Dairy Queen Blizzards-Need I say more?!

6. SHOPPING-I mean, I am a girl after all. Although these days, it is much more fun (and less stressful) to go clothes shopping for Zachary. I hate trying on clothes! Speaking of which, I am going consignment sale shopping tomorrow night for him while Kyle puts him to bed--yay, nice break for me!

7. Disneyworld-Again, need I say more?

8. People Magazine-I know, some of you may think it's trashy, but for me, it's 10 minutes to not think about anything that's bothering me. Hey, and sometimes they have good articles in there!

9. Hanging out with People My Own Age-With Kyle's and my work schedule, I spend most of my evenings alone with Zachary. I love the kid, but sometimes it's nice to have someone to talk WITH...

10. Adding to the above thought, A Good Conversation-Not so easily done with an 8 month old.

11. Musicals-Nothing better than a cheesy movie full of cheesy songs to put a smile on your face (and a song in your head!) Favorites are The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins, although Enchanted is becoming a new one!

12. Thinking Back on My Teaching Days....The Funny Things Kids Say-Quick Story:One day, one of my twins, Andrew, kept complaining he had to go to the bathroom. So, I'd send him and he'd come back a few minutes later, crying. This shenanigan went on all morning until I sent him one more time, getting quite frustrated. This time when Andrew walked out of the room he left crying, saying, "I have to poo and I can't wipe my butt!" At this point I was very thankful I was reading my class a story at the time because I immediately put my head behind the book and died laughing!

13. Rainbows-Or Animals taking care of there babies, the changing of the seasons. Any of these reminders that God is in control and His creation is amazing.

14. A Clean, Organized House-Simple thing, but I just FEEL better when the house is clean and things are where they are supposed to be. Sometimes I'm a little OCD about it.

15. Road Trips-Again, something Kyle and I used to do a lot pre-Zachary, and pre-Police Dept. I know lots of people hate riding in the car, but I think getting there is half the adventure. I grew up traveling a lot, so to me, it's fun!

16. Old People Holding Hands-There is nothing sweeter than seeing two elderly people who are still in love after all that time! It amazes me. I can only hope and pray for the same for me and Kyle.

17. Old Pictures-Looking back on the past can be embarrassing at times, but it is fun to remember those times. I know one day I will really treasure all the pictures we've taken of Zachary and remember the great times (and maybe some of the not so great AKA teething times we shared).

18. Good Deals-I have never been a great "bargain hunter" so to speak, but since we have become parents and a 1 1/2 income household, finding deals and saving money is essential. So it has become fun to see how much money I can save with coupons or when I find great deals!

19. Getting snail mail-In this technological world, no one has time to send "real" mail anymore. So getting something in the mail besides bills and junk is a treat! **Hint, hint**

20. Speaking of that technology...the Internet (& Cell Phones)-Some days I feel like they are my only escape to what is happening outside my little house. And, I hate to say it, but without it, I probably wouldn't be very good at staying in touch with friends. And I wouldn't have this Blog to write some happy thoughts to cheer me up for a bit!

Now, what are some things that make YOU happy?

No comments: